Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Fluctuations

11:10 AM: Okay, I suddenly jumped from 132.5 to 134 this morning.
Darned weight fluctuations! Seriously. I dislike those aplenty.

In any case, I am up for a heavy duty exercise session in about an hour. It's beautiful here in PA and I am working on a good 3.5 to 4.5 mile walk/run. I'm not good enough to run the whole time, but I am noticing huge differences in endurance over the past month. I love running.

As for everything else, my brother just decided that he wants to hop on the health train, so I hope I might be able to pass some of what I have learned down to him. Our family has a slew of heredity medical diseases - cardiovascular disease and diabetes being the worst of them - and we have to work extra hard to avoid them.

4:00 PM: Well, my workout went awesome. About 4 miles at 414 net calories (after I subtract my RMR from it) and then 121 calories from my strength training. It was Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps today. That's my favorite workout. I only count 70% of non-cardio workouts over 125BPM. Yes, I have strict rules about what actually counts as exercise.

I am eating slightly less than my normal calories today because I am trying to make up for my Sunday binge-fest. :) Holidays are a pain to recover from - I have to really work on making them not so crazy in the future.

9:00PM: Eh. My acid reflux is sooo bad these days. I feel like I have something stuck in my throat all the time. I think my poor esophagus is all irritated. I have to read up a little on this and figure out what to do about it. Or...just go back to the doctor and get my Protonix prescription refilled. I just really dislike taking medication.

0 comments:

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster